2.4.11

Finally...

“The hills are alive with the sound of……..”
Wait.
I don’t live in Salzburg anymore, I live in Peru…So should I say something like, the streets are alive with the sound of…Combies? Taxis? Dogs barking? Garbage trucks playing delights such as Beethoven, the Little Mermaid, and Barbie girl (yes this is true)?
Such different sounds, so many different things to get used to compared to where I have been before. What an experience it has been so far. From dodging the overcrowded and narrow sidewalks to learning Spanish, Arequipa has treated me well, despite almost being hit by taxis and combies every 10 seconds. You learn to deal with it. You figure out how to maneuver yourself on the packed sidewalks, like balancing on the curb as you walk. Don’t fall…if you do…you WILL get hit by a cabbie because they will not stop.
Today is one of those days where I actually have time to think. I actually have time to open my laptop and say, “Oh ya remember those blogs you started to write after week 1? Why don’t you finish those Laura?”
Later, I will write about my recent holiday around Peru, the joys of shopping and eating, and a typical Arequipan day.
For now I must prepare for tonight, as us gringos like to terrorize this town with our weekend shenanigans….

No comments:

Post a Comment